Thursday, March 25, 2010

Get Yer Tickets!

I remember where I was when I first heard London was awarded the 2012 Olympics. It was Sport Day at the secondary school where I was teaching, a humid dank day, and we'd just finished running the teacher relay. The headmaster came on the tannoy and announced to the 500-odd hyped-up kids that London had won the games. Much screaming and cheering ensued, and the whole experience left me feeling quite patriotic and proud of my relatively new country.

Now, a few years later, the Games are just around the corner and the wangling for tickets has already begun! Although they haven't yet been released, you can sign up to be kept up-to-dated with tickets sales here.

The Man and I are wangling for tickets to Athletics. Fingers crossed! Just another two years and the Games will be here!

4 comments:

Victoria Westcott said...

I am so excited! I've also signed up to hear about the tickets, and to volunteer if they'll have me. I can't wait!

Being here in Victoria, right next to the Vancouver 2010 games was very cool but I was too slow to get tix, so this time I am determined to get to London and see some games! Woohoo! How lucky are we?

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Otherwise I would have never found yours!!!

Marsha said...

Victoria, I am determined to get tickets! Fingers crossed for both of us.

Jen, thanks for dropping by! So sorry for my wonky comment on your blog, argh...

Theresa Milstein said...

The Olympics have been in the U.S. so many times and I've never gone. It always seems to expensive. Maybe next time...

Good luck getting tickets!