Sunday, December 6, 2009

Observer of Life

Sitting at my desk, I often feel like my life is filtered by the confines of my window. Sometimes I grab a camera to capture some of the random (and strange) sights. Here's a collection from the past year.


A rare sunny summer's day. I love the intense blue of the sky.



One of the strangest sights spotted this year. Is it a car? Is it a motorised wheelchair?



The Gaza protest last January.



Sun sets in a winter sky.



One of the many horses that make their way down our street on a regular basis. Sometimes I manage to catch them, sometimes not.



A lone cab cruises down the road during the Great London Snowstorm (i.e., more than a centimetre of snow) last February.



Horses of the, er, white variety.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for sharing the pictures. They were great to see and made me want to travel.
All the best,
RKCharron

Dian Emery said...

Hi Marsha,
I have just spent a wonderful hour reading through your blog. It's 3:30am on a cold snowy morning in Toronto, and I really should be sleeping:) but instead I've been visiting London vicariously, fun stuff, thanks!

Marsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marsha said...

Hi Dian!

Glad you enjoyed reading it; thanks for letting me know! Your comment was a lovely thing to wake up to this morning. I hope you pop by again!

RK - let me know if you ever come to London!

Nancy J. Parra said...

Thanks for the wonderful pics. I do enjoy your blog. Cheers~

Victoria Westcott said...

That picture of the wheelchair/car is classic! There are loads of those here in Victoria (so my comment about living in the city with the "nearly dead or newly wed" should make more sense now...haha).

It's for the rain. It's a wheelchair/accessibility chair usually used by older folk who don't want to get wet and can't walk too far. I agree, they are very funny looking!
Thanks for sharing your view. I lived right down the street from you!
Victoria

Marsha said...

Thanks Nancy! I love reading about your daily view from your window, too. The geese always make me feel at home.

Victoria, thanks for clearing up the mystery! I've never seen one of those before - but I guess it makes sense given the climate here and in BC! Isn't W8/W11 a great part of London? I love it!