Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Lights of London at Christmas

With the dark seeping in around 4 p.m. these days, it's a good thing Oxford Street has gone totally bonkers with its annual Christmas lights. Even the rain and blustery wind can't detract from that smidgen of festive spirit the lights kindle within you.

The rain had just stopped as I headed over to Marylebone on Monday night for my weekly writers' group, so I decided to take a few pictures on my way. Enjoy!


Oxford Street, just outside of Bond Street Tube station.


A very appropriate Christmas decoration... in London.


Column of lights heading towards St Christopher's Place.



Lovely shop window.

2 comments:

Meg @ write meg! said...

Gorgeous! Wish I could see them in person :) Love the umbrella, especially!

Heather Snow said...

Ah...thanks for letting me live vicariously. :)