Friday, November 27, 2009

What's Next?

Now that my book is out and most of the launch hoopla's behind me, I've begun to focus on what's next. '24 Hours Paris' is, for the most part, completed (yay!) and as always, my goal of getting published on the fiction side comes to the fore. Of course I'm ecstatic to be published, period -- and even more so that it's something to do travel, which I've always loved writing about -- but I really really want to get my fiction out there, too.

It's ever-so-slightly embarrassing to admit that I've written five novels, none of which has been published. I've pitched two, put away two more to be edited, and I've just completed my fifth. It might sound depressing, but I can see I'm getting better. I feel more confident, too, about what I'm doing. So, it might take another five -- or ten -- novels, but I think I'll get there in the end. And if not, well... at least I'm enjoying the journey.

Cross your fingers for me!

3 comments:

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

Just to let you know that I won a copy of your book on Melissa's (Smitten by Britain) giveaway and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to make another trip to London to go to all these places. Thanks again, Louise x

Anonymous said...

Consider them crossed.

Marsha said...

Thanks Louise! Glad you're enjoying it!

And thanks, Melissa, for keeping your fingers crossed.