Wednesday, July 21, 2010

As Promised: Ping Pong!

The Serpentine Pavilion in Kensington Gardens.


Who knew the potential of playing ping-pong could be so exciting? Certainly not I, but when The Man found out the new Serpentine Pavilion featured ping-pong tables he was practically salivating. Having grown up playing the game, he was now itching to put his skills to the test again.


The beautiful game.


Desperate to stop his bragging at just how good he really was, on a hot and sunny day we marched through the park and over to the tables. The two of us playing any game is usually a recipe for disaster -- we'll practically kill each other to win -- but we'd be in public so I was confident we could control ourselves. That, and we'd sipped a glass or two of wine while waiting in the shade for our turn at the tables.


Thankfully we were both a bit out of practice and the only thing heating up was our bodies under the beating sun. We soon retreated back to our shady patch, wine in hand... until the next match!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH SO MUCH FUN!!!! Thanks for the pictures and the small little story to go with it, you had me laughing all the way through the festivities. What an interesting event... I wonder if they have one in my neck of the woods, I'd love to give it a go!

Kath said...

This actually sounds like a lot of fun and something I'd have a go at! And I usually take the michael out of my other half, who's also a table tennis player - he's off out shortly for his weekly practice night.

But playing outdoors, where they serve alcohol... my kind of sports venue. Might have to try this the next time we spend a few summer days in London.

DJ Kirkby said...

How fabulous are the colours there!?