Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to the (Blessed) Daily Grind

I may have mentioned before that I am a big fan of routine. Without my writing routine, I putter about aimlessly, waste time and find other, more interesting things to do -- like clean the kitchen floor, for example. I need routine to anchor me.

The past few days have been action packed with everything from Spring Awakening (brilliant, by the way) to tree climbing in Hyde Park (not recommended). But I still missed my routine -- my morning coffee at 7:30, daily tweeting and then settling down at my desk to being the daily slog (or flight) towards 3,000 words. The Easter 'holiday' brought home to me how much I really do love my writing life.

As my brain is still revving, I thought I'd share with you some photos from the past few days.


The stage before the start of Spring Awakening.

Cheshire Street, off of Brick Lane, East London.

Tower Bridge.

Turkish Delight at Spittalfields Market, East London.


Kensington Gardens. Note the added feature of steam rising from the forbidden pile.


Rowing on the Serpentine Lake, Hyde Park, where an offering of a mobile phone was made (involuntarily) to the goddess of the lake.

The monstrosity that is the Egyptian Escalator at Harrods.

No comments: