Sunday, January 11, 2009

Six Happy Things

A few days ago, Sarah tagged me on her blog to list six things that make me happy. I had to think about it for awhile. Here they are, in no particular order (that would take way too much self-examination):

1. A good sleep. I have always been a bad sleeper. I have problems falling asleep and staying asleep -- during the night. During the day, sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open. Thus, whenever I wake up feeling truly refreshed, I am very, very happy.

2. Hot bubble baths. I've blogged before about my aversion to cold. Sometimes, easing my shivering body into a hot bath is the only way to get warm. Add bubbles, and it's even better.

3. An engaging read. I don't care what it is, as long as it keeps me turning the pages. There's nothing more satisfying than being oblivious to everything except the world that's been created in your mind.

4. Perceiving something to do with sight or sound (i.e., art, music, film). I may have cheated by rolling this into one item, but I absolutely love the feeling of awakening when you understand; feel art somewhere deep inside.

5. Travelling somewhere new. The most exciting parts of my life have been lived out in foreign countries. Trying to understand different cultures; languages; find your place in that society is frustrating yet very invigorating.

6. Food. How to elaborate? I L-O-V-E food! Sometimes it's the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning: What yummy thing can I eat today?

And those are six things (among many) that make me happy!

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Today I'm thinking of making chocolate chip cookies. This makes me happy. :-)

aprilx said...

You should check this out: http://www.schmutzie.com/2008/11/grace-in-small-things.html Write about 5 things you're grateful for every day.