Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What? Tuesday?

When you don't need to leave the house to go to your job, the days tend to blur together -- especially when you work on the weekends, too! I can't believe it's already Tuesday. The weekend passed in a blur of Paris research for the next in the '24 Hours' series, X-Factor (yes, I am a sucker for the show) and sun. September is such a great month in London; the sun actually makes a prolonged experience and everything is crisp (except for the air on the Tube).

My days lately have been divided up into three parts - the first part of the morning for my fiction, then Paris research, then book promotion for 24 Hours: London. I think I've got over my initial cringe factor fear. I had to, anyway! And I have to say that people have been very helpful and the response has been positive (thanks Scott, Toni, Mike and Tim!). Although I think I'm a pretty good writer (pride cometh before a fall, I know), it's always hard when you put yourself out there to be judged, even if it is a non-fiction piece. And who knows, maybe next week I'll get a nasty review or something, but for now I'm happy people like the book!

So what's coming up? Well, the book is launched October 30th, so now I'm busy trying to garner reviews and quotes etc. I've posted out some promotional postcards to 50 independent bookshops across London (God love VistaPrint!) and I'm printing up some more. It's full steam ahead! You may even see me outside a Tube or train station doing a spot of book busking (I'm exaggerating but hey, might be a good idea).

And... I guess that's where the week went!

No comments: